Monday, January 2, 2023

The Amazing Black Birds

What was I thinking? Was my mind in the clouds? The Black Birds were out at night in high numbers. Why?

Science may have a logical reason, but I still wonder why were there so many Black Birds out New Year’s Evening?

Weathering the seasons, I was lost in what used to be a wooded area driving my car trying to find something to do on New Year’s Eve. Honestly, I didn’t know where to go. Wasting gas and a resource in high demand a Bird used the bathroom on my windshield. The Bird didn’t do it when I was driving though, it was done while my car was parked, but what makes this poem unique is the simple fact that I have no evidence that it was a Black Bird. I just assumed it had to be because there were so many of them flying at night. That assumption led me home wondering if the Black Birds knew something that I didn’t. 

Safe and sound, I fell to sleep in my man cave thinking about the Black Birds. Mystified by their presence, wandering through the night, I tossed and turned thinking of them in my dreams as if they were guiding me to the daylight.

The amazing Black Birds, that survive by watching and observing humans from a tree. They’re often overlooked in the night but I noticed them due to a flare of light. The odds of that happening was slim so I’ll sing this poem like a hymn. For if it were not for their presence in the sky my mind would not have gotten lost in their ability to fly. On a night filled with vibes and partying desires, I couldn’t help but notice Black Birds flying together. Amused, I turned around only to notice hundreds of Black Birds in a tree. I’m sure they’re always there, but because of the dark we just can’t see.

Lost in the darkness of my imagination, I assumed that it had to be a Black Bird that used the bathroom on my car, and for the next 365 days I won’t be able to prove it by far.

Was it a Black Bird or a sparrow? I’ll never know, so I’ll just go with the flow. When I thought I had nothing to do on New Year’s Eve, Black Birds unknowingly fooled me and gave me a show. 

I guess everything does happen for a reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment