Friday, December 30, 2022

The New Year’s Ball

Running through a field of drunks, drug addicts, and dead people, I now found myself trying to catch my breath on an abandoned bus. “What a crazy year,” I say to myself sweating getting chased by the devil. Trying to recoup, I end up running into a crowd of masked people and in the distance it looks like a bunch of construction workers in a food-line. I felt so alone until I started floating. Somehow my book-bag got caught on the New Year’s ball and they unknowingly raised me to the sky. Shaking, I look down. I’m stuck here until they drop the ball New Year’s Eve. What a way to end another crazy year. Throughout all of history, I’ll be known as the man running from the devil only to be rescued and noticed trying to escape a ball being dropped to bring in the New Year. I count my losses, at least I made it out alive. I start counting down to stay ahead of the eight ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment