Sunday, December 25, 2022

Fired

I had the greatest job in the world.

I could show off and I was making real money.

I accumulated real assets.

I left everyone and everything around me behind as my career took off.

I no longer needed God, friends or family.

My head became so big and everyone knew who I was.

I was the envy of the town, talk of the neighborhood and I was looked up to by my peers. 

Everyone literally waited patiently for me to fall off of my pedestal; many of them would give everything to see me hit rock bottom.

I no longer sat at the same table as them or ate the same food they ate, I was considered an upperclass snobby fake rich kid who left his people for money, fame, and fortune.

Counting my next paycheck to pay my bills, I got the call.

I watched the market crash and my boss kindly gave me the boot. I was fired. I could no longer afford my fame and fortune and the life I’d gotten used too was no more.

Considering suicide I finally understood the concept of believing in a God. It’s just sad that I didn’t yield before I went speeding on my oneway street, but just like everyone I had to learn. With or without me, the world moved on. Standing in a food line with my family, my number was called to be drafted. This was the life we all fought to avoid yet it got all of our attention.

Losing everything changed me. I now loved my country. Rock bottom made me more successful internally because in the end I learned my lesson. I learned to be humble and say thank you, but most of all I learned that hitting a brick wall is a better test of faith than being handed an elite position at the top of the food chain.

Getting fired somehow made me stronger. It helped me become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment