Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Sunrise

 It was a difficult time getting through the hostage camp.

Somehow, someway, I made it to see the sunrise the next day.

I must be here for a reason because I don’t know too many people who could have made it this far. 

Running as fast as I could, I jumped out of a burning car, somehow, I dodged the storm of fireballs launched at me from enemy weapons. 

I could hear ocean water in the distance while onlookers noticed the car that I stole burning.

Far beyond the waters I noticed a dark orange and red sky.

Falling to my knees in the wet cold sand I rejoiced.

Overwhelmed with joy—I made it to another day.

Noticing rescue boats in the distance, I began to waive my hands.

Somehow I escaped the hostage camp.

Somehow I was able to get my S.O.S. signal through on an abandoned radio when I ran barefoot to the now burning car that I stole when I escaped.

I had to fight for my life to get to safety.

What were the odds that allied forces were floating out at sea near by?

Rushing to get into the boat, now calm and safe, I informed the crew where the hostage camp was. 

Breathing a sigh of relief, I laid idle while watching the sunrise.

I made it out alive.

Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment