Tuesday, April 2, 2024

You’ll get used to it

I’ve been called a thousand names in the course of my lifetime.

I’m used to it.

I’ve had so many doors shut in my face.

I’m used to it.

I can’t remember when was the last time I’ve been touched romantically by a woman.

I’m used to it.

I don’t discuss politics, but I’ve heard everyone’s point of view except my own.

I’m used to it.

I’m on a fixed income and have a bus load of debt, but I think I’ve got it figured out.

I’m used to it.

I don’t talk religion and would rather prefer to think for myself at times but just this one simple subject exempts me from my own beliefs. I guess I’m not supposed to have my own beliefs.

I’m used to it.

I don’t own a gun and have never committed any harsh crimes so why am I often stereotyped.

I’m used to it.

I’ve never smoked, drank beer, or even done any drugs, that could explain why I’m always alone.

I’m used to it.

I have a college degree in Business Administration, Computer Engineering, and I’ve had the honor of working on the world’s most advanced missile system. That could be why when I hold a conversation it goes in one ear and out the other. I don’t think too many people understand what I’m saying. 

I’m used to it.

The institute where I studied shut down so I’ll never be able to get a doctorate unless I start over. 

That’s a lot of work to redo.

I’m used to it.

So if you learn anything from this piece, from a person who has had to get up every morning with the same shovel and the same load of Bull S**t.

I’m used to it.

At first it may hit you pretty hard, but after a while, you’ll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment