Wednesday, April 10, 2024

We’re still here

The flowers are still blooming, and the trees are still growing.

We’re still here.

The political climate is still hot and the Earth is still spinning.

We’re still here.

I just got into the same fight over the same bill with the same bill collector.

We’re still here.

Sissy just blew her brains out and I slipped and fell in her blood trying to save her.

We’re still here, well, at least I am, I don’t know where she is now but at least some parts of her body are still in tack.

I’m still here.

They just dropped a bomb on my best friend’s country, he’s helpless and he can’t go back.

We’re still here.

I guess the point of it all is that no matter how crazy things get, no matter how hungry you are, and no matter how bottomless the pit may seem, help is on the way.

We’re still here; just hope and pray that the help is on time because if it’s not, you may have to get yourself out of the mess that you’re in all on your own.

At least we’re still here.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment