Monday, April 1, 2024

Hunger

I know why the rich man works.

I know why the poor man begs.

I know why a loving father would steal to feed his children.

I know why people sell their souls.

Being a victim of hunger, I know I must never forget what it feels like.

Friend, this piece is food for thought, but hunger is a slow death that makes the body weak and leaves the brain with no fuel.

I have to remind you that once you forget what that feels like than you may take a break, you may waste all of your money on drugs or gambling, and you may even take comfort in fenced off communities protecting yourself from the starving poor.

After 41 years on this planet I haven’t forgotten the look on my mother’s face when we were out of food, I haven’t forgotten waiting for a check in the mail, and I haven’t forgotten being poor and out on the streets.

Brethren, I encourage you to stay hungry, only then can you feel innocent pain.

Only then will you learn where righteous strength comes from, and for those who deceive, the black crow eats flesh from road kill. He too must eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment