Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The Green Angel

"Welcome to March," were her last words. 

While she was living, I rather enjoyed watching her move on stage with her Irish friends. 

She was like an angel to me. 

She always spoke life into the world; until she started using drugs.

She turned to drugs because the world hurt her and the men who loved her would die for her, but she only felt it from the man who hurt her the most. 

Watching her suffer made us all suffer. 

Watching her tears made us all cry.

"Get off that stuff please Amy!" We would all argue. 

Watching the band fade away and watching her take her last breath from a drug overdose was like watching Christ being crucified. 

All we could do was watch; we could do nothing while the world killed her slowly. 

What pain we all felt watching her die from her wounds. 

Life's trauma made her heavily medicated, and she couldn't stop. 

We couldn't stop her. 

Amy was a gift from God and the world killed her with drugs. 

Our last moments on stage singing while she danced in her green dress even brought our Irish fans to their feet. 

This was our moment in time, we were strong, not lucky. 

Whatever our friend was hurting from the fans were starting to notice, drowning in her sorrows alone at night the drugs killed her slowly and she could not stop. 

On her death bed, I watched her fly away to send the message to God about what she had saw on Earth. 

I say this literally because this is what I honestly felt.

It sounds crazy but these visions as a song writer come from somewhere because the wind blew. I'm telling you she flew away to report to God. 

She looked me in the eyes and said, 

"I will be returning with an army of God's angels don't worry. Welcome to March." 

I was the only one to hear her say this. 

Leaving the hospital and turning on the TV and watching all of humanity lose it on TV with no sense of saving the world I began to wonder again. Does God send his angels to Earth? 

"Yes, God does send human angels to save us, and Yes, they are watching over us, so listen to their words as they sing their heart out. Many are trying to save you with their message."

Standing by her grave, I said goodbye to my green angel.

"We will meet again in God's army to save the world."

This was my song that played through the air waves for days and days: 

The Green Angel





No comments:

Post a Comment