Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Green Intrusion

I had to stand still for a moment and soak it all in.

Things were moving way too fast.

The color was green, for some reason that’s all I could think of.

I knew way too much, and I was so paranoid as though someone had been watching me.

I needed more green, if I ran out, I’d be broke and out on the street.

The people around me seemed like they were living so easy. 

They were shopping, having sex, getting married and many seemed clueless about anything outside of their own business.

I mean, was I any different?

Was I just a number?

Oh God, a bank just collapsed, my thoughts are racing, I better sit down.

Why is this complete stranger talking to me about revelations?

I’m like, “Hey, Sir, Jesus already came and he’s not coming back.”

Wait, I shouldn’t have said that… let me think, “Hallelujah!”

Even if he did, we’re all to divided to see a one way ticket to heaven.

Oh, God, I’m thinking for myself, I better run.

I’m like, “Sir, we’re in this together until the bomb explodes. We’re going to kill ourselves.”

I’m losing it here.

Okay, I figured it out: COVID, shutdowns, healthcare, and green dollars don’t mix well.

Am I really important?

Wait, why is everyone trying to tell me what and how to live?

Can I do something for myself for a change?

Can I eat butter on my bagel without some health nut telling me about my cholesterol?

Oh, God, I’m jaywalking, I just broke the law.

She’s running off with my store items and my buddy is running from the cops. What should I do?

Wait, why is there only one cop, I guess the rest got laid off, no volunteers.

Oh boy, they’re having a rap concert at an elementary school before a test.

I wonder if that’s a good idea?

Is that a rainbow flag or is it a Sunday school outing?

I think I better sit down.

Money is literally flying out of that bank truck and people are running to pick it up.

Okay, let me figure out all of these intrusions.

In capitalism, dollar bills are green, everything has a price:

Church, food, housing, labor, business, water, taxes, air, cars, transportation, healthcare, and even funerals.

That explains why everyone is acting so wild. They need a source to make a living and they’re getting wild with collections because they don’t have it. 

That explains why people are screaming at drug abusers. It’s an expensive habit.

That explains why people are taking off their clothes. They need a blessing, and sex sells.

That explains why things are a bit unstable. People are fighting for stability.

That explains why the people with a lot have so many problems. They’re trying to hold on to their money.

That explains why there is so much intrusion into the people’s private life. The people in power want to know where the money is going.

It’s all because of the green bank notes that the government keeps printing out.

Once they stop printing, people lose it, and when they printout more, it’s never enough.

There’s never enough green, and it’s made the people go crazy.

I wonder how much green paper can they print out?

Is there an infinite amount of green?

My guess is probably not, but they keep sending it over seas.

Hmmm, I wonder if they’re printing it to pay the bills and driving the tax payer’s mad on purpose?

Nah, would they do that? 

Things are pretty expensive, but they keep throwing the excess away.

Hmmmm.

I better pay off my credit cards before it’s too late.

Wait, even if they run out of money to pay me, I still have to pay.

“Would you like fries with that Sir?”

I’ll never get a day off.

The Green Intrusion 


No comments:

Post a Comment