Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Resurrection Story

Friends, I’ve fallen down again.

I’ve been down this road over and over again.

The filth and the funk of dirt and sweat dripping in my eyes.

I’m blinded by my own craving to be perfect in every way.

Yet, I too, often fail.

I can’t seem to reason with my own faults, but I have to get up and keep trying.

I’m dirty.

I’m filthy.

I’m fighting to be cleansed.

I have to get up.

In the holy text there is a story about how King David had one of his most faithful soldiers killed because he feared the consequences of his actions. He cheated with the man’s wife.

Deep in my own thoughts, I will not fall to my knees, but already feeling God’s glory, I will carry on, knowing that I’ve already been forgiven.

That makes me a believer.

I’ve lost another battle, but friends, I can’t give up, I must get up and try again.

A Resurrection Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment