Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Suicide

Psych Tech: You didn’t put your race on the patient form, is there a reason?

Patient: I’m Black, but I do have some Indian and a tad bit of other nationalities in me, but at the end of the day, I’m black. Happy African American History Month.

Psych Tech: You didn’t put your sexuality on the patient form, why?

Patient: I love women. I think about sex all the time, I’m a man. I don’t ask and I don’t tell, I fantasize even about you sometimes, Happy Valentine’s Day.

Psych Tech: You didn’t put your job on the patient form, Why?

Patient: I’m the President of a small corporation, Happy President’s Day.

Psych Tech: Are you having suicidal thoughts?

Patient: Ms., all my life, I’ve spoke life into the atmosphere. I dwell in the God and Goddess temples and at times, I feel like I not only built the pyramids but led the workers who put the last rock on top to freedom. Why would I give up on those who love me, yes, I’ve had to shovel S*** my entire life, but why give people the satisfaction of knowing that I threw in the towel. I saw a man with no arms jump roping. I saw a prisoner do 30 years. I saw a veteran live out on the street for half of his life. I saw a drug baby become President. I don’t want to give up on those who do believe in me. I don’t want to give up on life. Yes, I’ve been through a lot, but I’m going to keep going. I’m going to keep fighting until my body breaks.

Psych Tech: I’m assuming you like the picture of the fist?

Patient: Only when I have to fight for my peace. I assure you that suicide is not in my options to escape this life. I would rather make those who hate me suffer by seeing my face rise everyday and smiling. It will motivate them if I keep getting up when they see me down. It will prevent them from committing suicide because they’ll spend their entire life waiting to see me suffer. Suicide is a choice, my choice is to take the pain while living and be prepared for whatever is after this life. Yes, it gets hard, but Ms., I assure you that I haven’t thought about… Suicide.



No comments:

Post a Comment