Sunday, October 6, 2024

The Moon Soap Opera

“I love you Brianna. I always have and always will,” John said.

“I wish I had time, but I’m tired of the back and forth John,” Brianna replied turning a cold shoulder to John.

“Brianna wait. Please, just give me a chance to explain. Those feelings I had for Vikki are gone, I’ve always loved you.”

Brianna turns around slowly.

“Really John?”

“Yes, do you remember in art class when we painted a picture of the neon moon, I still have that picture. Brianna, you have always been the one I love. Now stay, put your things back in the room,” John says looking into Brianna’s eyes.

“What about Vikki? You can’t have both of us at the same time.”

John grabs Brianna’s hand, but she pulls away.

“We’ve had our time, I’ve heard you apologize over and over again. This has to end,” Brianna says walking out.

“Brianna wait,” John shouts, but she had already made her way out the door. As John began to chase her down the apartment complex hallway, she couldn’t help but speak her mind.

“John, stop it! I’ve always been your second call girl and I’m tired of your games. I saw you and Vikki together kissing yesterday so why do you keep bothering me? What do want from me John?” 

At that moment, Brianna got inside of the elevator and John felt his heart drop. He leaned on the wall of his fifth floor apartment complex and took a good look at the moon out of a nearby window.

“I’m sorry Brianna, I’m sorry.”

The Moon Soap Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment