Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Autumn Memories

I could hear the crickets calling it a night. The creepy sound of the air blowing through the cracked window that you used to keep open even on cool autumn nights. Shifting gears I recall you always trying to catch the blowing fall leaves with your hand hanging out of the passenger side window. What is this feeling that overtakes me when I think of you? I recall our very first autumn night, we laid on my now empty living room floor and watched movies. That was our moment in time. I also remember my first love letter to you, wishing that love could last forever. Today would have been our twenty-first anniversary. I recall us sitting by the burning logs in the fireplace planning our wedding. What happened to our plans to bring the world back to love? What happened to our plans to revive the institution of marriage? Did we fall short? At night, laying in my bed alone I can still feel you at times. The autumn memories are enough to purge my dying heart slowly. I don’t know why, but out of a billion women, I need only you, come back home.

The Autumn Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment