Saturday, August 22, 2026

Trance

It started with the musical hook.

It got worse with the commercials.

Over and over again I saw her with no clothing on.

In her natural state I needed it. 

I wanted it even when I wasn’t feeling it.

Either someone had figured something out that I didn’t know or I was going crazy.

The food, I craved it, especially at certain temperatures.

What was in that chicken?

Out numbered in a casino, the atmosphere seemed to entice me to spend money.

In church it was as though God himself was returning tomorrow.

What, or who was doing this?

The movie made me feel as if I could fly.

The drugs, the cigarettes, the beer, kept calling me and I wanted more and more.

Sitting in a room out numbered 10 to one, I stood no chance. 

It was as though the girl was coming through the screen and someone was forcing me to touch myself.

Everywhere I went, every hole I fell into led me to go in circles.

The sport, I kept playing and playing until I won.

I was clearly hypnotized.

I was in a trance with nothing to help me snap out of it but reality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment