Thursday, November 23, 2023

Black Friday

Mirror, mirror, on the wall what shall I buy for them all.

The serious people that kill and steal and use their education to make crack and pills.

There I stood in front of her father, a serious man trading shipments for dollars.

Growing old and grey I’ve learned to loosen up so sometimes I grab a mic and spit in a cup.

In my times of sadness and trials, I heard a politician telling me to sit down.

So I frowned, and kindly read a book only to discover that my thoughts were took.

Stolen I say, like a thief in the night, so while watching a child dance I saw the light.

I smiled at her father and reached in my bag of goodies to give her a gift.

In deep thought I watched her mood shift.

Her father wanted her to be a doctor or nurse.

I told her no, sing for the people and rehearse.

You’re an angel, don’t lose your light, you were sent from God to sing us through the fight.

I got her a gift on Black Friday with glee, I spent hard earned cash at the store for it wasn’t free. It was a brand new microphone laced with diamonds and pearls.

She sang her heart out and began to fly while her daddy had to accept what she had become.

She was born to entertain, and teach the world to loosen up and have fun.

Santa is real I say, so be merry and good. 

He’s not just a character, he’s all of us, I say, so on Black Friday turn into him with glee, and don’t forget to leave a gift for me under the tree.

For it’s that time of year so let go of your troubles, spread the gift of joy and do it in doubles.

Black Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment