Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Why?

 Am I just here to rot and die?

To grow old with young dreams.

Why?

What is this all for?

Is it the test of time?

Is it brutal torment to feel victory one day then the next watching everyone and everything I love fade away while I sit in a room alone with just memories?

Am I here to be hurt over and over again only to fall in love with the same fate?

Am I here to see prison bars, and inmates with pure hopes of redemption?

Why?

What is my purpose?

Am I here to watch cancer eat away at my longevity?

Am I here to lead a bunch of people to the promised land?

God, why?

Is it my fault that in the beginning there was a flaw?

I won’t question God, but I have to find a reason to keep going.

I have to find a reason to live.

Is it to be rich and have everything only to never feel satisfied?

Is it to watch the foolish run free and wild?

Is it to party until I tip over?

I guess without something to believe in there is no reason to ask why.

To whom do I question?

Is it you God when the wind blows my door shut?

Is it you God that gives me strength in times of weakness?

Whom do I trust in?

Why?

After I’ve proven my point over and over, I too someday will find the answer to why I have to get up every day and face the world.

I guess it’s to climb the mountain.

I guess it’s to run a thousand miles.

I guess it’s to fly like the birds.

If the answer is to fail over and over again, I guess the real reason I’m here is to keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment