Monday, July 10, 2023

The Overdose

Did someone lose their mind? I think someone had a plan that went terribly wrong. I’m sitting in a room wondering where everyone went. They’re all gone. Is this a movie? Living zombies roaming the streets. Brainwashed people finding their God in a neighborhood infested with drugs. Everyone I know. Everyone I love. Did a doctor discover the wrong cure? Did a drug dealer go mad? I asked God for peace of mind not for a dope fix. I’m slowly feeling my conscience fading, someone, or something is trying to kill us all. I take a seat, my only outlet is a pen and a pad. I’ll write it all down, God help me, everyone around me has gone under. Drugs, weed, alcohol, cigarettes, gambling, and even pain medication. I’m not perfect, but this is like a slow mental death while facing an enemy that blends in. Writing helps me fight the addicts, deep inside I’m a little man wondering what went wrong. Drunks and addicts all around me, no one seems stable. After they get their fix, they somehow look normal. I had no clue that growing old would be this painful and lonely. Whom do I trust? Where do I turn too? I can’t give in, I can’t fail, I don’t know who’s doing this to these people. I guess they’re doing it to themselves. I guess they’re dragging everyone down to the underworld with them until we all face the drug master. I guess something or someone wants us all to eat off of the forbidden tree. Eat until we overdose and die. That’s why I have to be wise. I have to be stronger. I have to be a deity of life. I have to speak life into existence or everything will die. I have to overdose on positive things so I don’t go under. I have to be the light of the world. When I fall, I have to get back up and finish the race. The world needs me. Everyone needs me. I have to believe this in order to survive in this crowded drug infested jungle. In learning my history, I know who I am. I did not do this, but an unknown enemy did. An enemy in a room counting money while everyone around him or her dies from an overdose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment