Monday, July 24, 2023

Born to be a Hero

This piece is personal.

Read it with a little imagination.

As a child, a male child, should I say, I had to find out the hard way.

Yes, I serve God, but sadly I had to learn how to fight.

I did choose to walk away at times. Yes, even after nearly being stomped to death by someone I thought to be a friend.

I admit that walking around with a black eye is enough embarrassment to last a lifetime, but it’s real.

One of my biggest challenges was finding out that I was born to be a hero.

I literally watched my mother step in front of a gun to save her siblings, so, yes, it’s in my bloodline. It’s genetic. 

My cousin was and still is a day to day street hopper, but when my entire family was held up at gunpoint he spoke up and talked the shooters down.

He also stood up for me at times.

My hardest challenge was watching a bully literally torture the entire class with his goons. I literally pissed my pants standing up to them in the bathroom.

That was a hard pill to swallow, being out numbered with no help from the people you’re standing up for.

I admit that my life has been a mess, but I’m an optimist, so I’ve made the best out of it.

I’m also a little moody at times and I seem to get energy from my dreams.

I guess that’s my special ability.

Friends, some things in life make you wiser with age, but being born a hero has taught me one thing and that is the fact that you can sense unusual vibes and you have to deal with the fact that you can’t save everyone. The reality is that some people just don’t want to be saved. At times you can barely save yourself. This sense eats away at your psyche. You can also feel a force guiding you into the fight for stability. At times you do feel supernatural. So supernatural that you’re even hard on yourself.

I’ve come to learn one thing for sure and that is that I have to believe in a higher power, and the more I yearn to save the world, the more I learn it’s a process that takes shape over time, I can only make it better, and be a volunteer of the process. 

Bravery can take a lot out of a man. It can eat away at a person’s mind. It’s like climbing a tall building a thousand times and looking down. You don’t anticipate a fight, but it becomes you.

When you see a fellow person wasting their life away or in pain, or you see a dead body rotting away because someone killed him or her, it makes you bitter inside.

Being born a hero makes you physically and mentally drawn to yearn for a better world.

The feeling makes you afraid to merge with bad vibes and susceptible to being annoyed by confusion. It can be hard on the nerves, and it makes it very hard to trust. 

As a man battling his own demons, it’s taught me how the conscience works.

It’s taught me how the mind works, and it’s taught me that no one is perfect, even me.

Noah was a drunk.

King David had an affair that cost him his honor.

Moses married out of his own will.

King Solomon sat in the presence of other gods.

We’re all born with gifts friends, and I’ve come to accept the fact that I was born to be a hero.

I dream of saving as many people as I can.

I’m addicted, and I yearn to do the right thing, even if it requires me having to better myself.

The End

I was in deep thought when I wrote this piece.

I was yearning to feel some better vibes.

I was soaking in some words from biblical stories.

Whatever force guides us through this life, I believe the purpose is to do better.

I can’t help being born to see the good in people.

I hope this message finds you well.

I wrote it in a neutral corner with my thoughts shifting from left to right only to find peace in the middle.

I feel better now, I’ll fly away, with my wings of glory onto the next disaster.

Born to be a hero, friends, there are many more like me, with hidden dreams of saving the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment