Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy Independence Day

I served in the Navy, barely made it out fully functional, but I’m fine now thanks to the doctors who worked so hard, I’m very thankful everyday I wake up. Many of us forget or don’t take the time to understand public service. We often focus on the negative when there is truly something magical about a voluntary society. I’ve done my best to remember the history and the volunteers who paved the way, even as a former soldier. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts. The life of a soldier is enough to make anyone find a reason to find some form of happiness. After seeing the towers fall some time ago, my happiness has been keeping busy and praying that people find peace in their heart. Optimism turns terrible situations into miracles. I hope whoever is reading this, takes the time to comprehend the importance of remembrance. The world is filled with nations fighting for their land so taking a moment to think independently is alright, it’s not bad, sometimes it’s breathtaking.

Happy Independence Day 


No comments:

Post a Comment