Sunday, May 30, 2021

Angels of War

If I were to reveal to you what really goes on on the battlefield I’d have to include some form of a higher power.

Military life is a very dirty game that has its ups and downs with little margins for error, but once you’re in, you’re in. Even on my bad days I don’t regret my choice, because it’s made me a better person.

My small story is outside of the combat zone, but like most veterans, I am thankful just to be able to get up and see the light of day.

My mental struggle is to continue to motivate and encourage those carrying on the vision of freedom. Although I’m just a small piece of this very complex puzzle, at times the idea may seem cloudy but I have to replay the battle hymns to see the picture clearly so like many, I don’t forget. It’s still real, there are always forces trying to distort this idea. The idea of freedom.

I do not ask for your sympathy, but I am grateful for another chance at life, this was my promise from the doctors while in my down time as a young sailor. To all of my military brothers and sisters who can relate to this simple Memorial Day tribute, the angels of war will guide you.

Brothers and sisters, if you see a light in the sky or hear a calm voice guiding you along the way, they’re not UFOs but I strongly believe that they’re angels of war, and the saddest part about life is that the normal human mind cannot fathom the belief that such a force exist, but there is a promise to mankind that cannot be undone. To every slave, to every prisoner of war, to everyone suffering, the promise is freedom, a chance to spread your wings. A chance to discover a new world. A chance to believe in something greater than this life, especially when you have to overcome. To be honest, it almost seems as though the war is never over.

Carry-on, and let the Angels of war guide you to the promise land or whatever your place of comfort may be. For many it’s just a place called home. 

Salute, and try not to forget. 🇺🇸 

Thank You for taking the time to read my thoughts.

GM3 West, another lone sailor waiting on a government paycheck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment