Friday, June 7, 2024

Retirement Dreams

The phone rang today. It was my old job, they needed some help again. In the midst of realizing that the money was drying up and my traveling experience had run its course, I decided to answer the call.

This was a corporate call, oh, “they really must be desperate,” I thought. Grabbing my good walker I turned off the television, left the nursing home and took the bus to work. I just got word that Jordan had just scored 50 points at his youth basketball camp at the age of 61. If Jordan can do it, I can do it. I was just as good as these young bucks, I worked the phones, filed papers, and even took out the trash. I don’t know how many computers I smashed, but I was on a roll. Realizing that I was sweating, I noticed the 70 and over club running for president again and even breaking some laws. Old foreign leaders were even bringing back old school guerrilla warfare. I felt forever young, for some reason I couldn’t sit down, the fire was rekindled. If they can do it, I can do it. I even noticed Tyson was back in the ring so I kept lacing up the chucks.

Why retire when you can die living the American dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment