Thursday, May 26, 2022

This one’s for the worshipers

 In a moment of tragedy I see a crowd…

As a child my grandmother would say, “Sing out loud!”

“God can heal you,” she would say, you may not understand now, but I too will be gone home someday.

It is my duty, as an old lady, to teach you how to worship, so you too won’t go crazy.

On that day, I did not understand, but as I lived life and grew into a man, I too, had to comprehend, that no matter how hard we fight, at the end of the day, we’re all just a part of God’s plan.

We can only dance for so long, but in times of sadness, we must go on.

We can live it up until the morning dew, but there is a force that connects me and you. It eats away at our spirits, it calls us even when we don’t want to hear it.

When we feel we’ve got it all figured out and try to stick to our own plans, something stronger helps us understand.

This one’s for the worshipers, I say, because in times of hardship they always find strength to kneel and pray.

Even in the worst of the worst, a true worshiper knows, that even in acts of evil, God’s power burst and grows.

It spreads through those who believe that there is something greater to assist us in our time of need.

He saves the day.

The worshipers are freed.

Peace.

This one’s for the worshipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment