Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Still Standing

Got hit a few times but it’s good, I’m alright...
Almost got knocked down but I’m good; worth the fight...
Got my heart broken, but it’s cool, I got over it...
Folks come and go with plenty but not much to show for it...
Old friend looked me in the eyes then got me right in the back...
Taught me a lesson... yeah, that’s a fact...
Can’t back down now, just give me a second...
Let me reflect for a moment, please let me breathe, I rise like the sun, stand tall like the trees...
So much weight on my shoulders, I’ll stand through the worst...
No kneeling while I’m praying...
No, I’ll stand when it hurts...
Not down, still up, even in a hearse...
Dead-to Lose-to win, just like rebirth...
In this fight, I’m standing through it all...
Even if I have to crawl...
I’ll never give in...
Hit, head spinnin, wait let me finish...
One leg, two legs, grounded, hands to the ceiling...
Eternal champion, standing on the villain...
Wow, I did it...
I’m still standing, bloody, torn, rugged, at the clinic...

Still standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment