Saturday, December 30, 2023

2024 Late Night Fever

 In health class the teacher got in trouble for teaching us about the buttocks and breast. In my history class Mr. Murphy took pride in teaching us all about American History, he would always tell us about the movie he got to play in after World War 2. To be honest, I don’t know what 2024 will bring, the world seems to be what it has always been, “The World!” I’ve come to learn that the unfortunate have a fine way of finding a place in society and the fortunate have a way of making sure that they too have to pay. Somehow my TV ended up on and I saw an actor that looked very attractive from the 80s. She’s probably old and grey now but once my late night fever kicks in, I’ll probably have a dream about her just like I dream about everything else. Goodbye 2023, and hello 2024, I’ll make sure I say a prayer for all of the people lost and ask the sun to give flowers to those still living. On the first sunrise of 2024, I’ll be thankful that I defied the odds and made it to see another year and be hopeful for many more. I’ve learned to fight the late night fever, it’s what the health teacher used to say, jokingly, a human has two natures, and when the second one comes out, babies are made by accident.

2024 Late night fever.

I’ll be hiding under my bed, the world is a nasty place.

No comments:

Post a Comment