Wednesday, December 6, 2023

God taught me how to love Christmas

 I’m writing this piece for myself, and for a young person ignorant of God’s ability to change a person’s life.

In reality I’m a great person, but I do have flaws. Serving a perfect God has taught me why I have flaws.

Everyone’s walk with God is different, I found him while alone in a military hospital. To be honest I didn’t get well until I came to acknowledge that I needed God’s help. I was a lonely reck searching for love.

That makes me great because God taught me how to love, because he kept his promise. This Christmas, like every other day in my life, I yearn for a closer walk with the supernatural, the greatness of God’s mercy. Even if Christmas isn’t important to some people God taught me how to love it. A time with his creation, a time to share in his thoughts and ways, but most of all a time of joy. The goodness of God has shown me how to be good and come to him for hope.

I found God’s goodness alone in a room, in a world filled with every form of pleasure that you can imagine. Yet, friends, take my advice seriously. Even if you’ve never met me or may have and just don’t like me, I have to say that we’re nothing without God. Why does every civilization find God? Why has every king held on to a belief in something that no one can see? Whom do we turn to when we have nothing left? Where does our knowledge come from? Who gives us the spirit to win wars that seem impossible? Friends, listen to my point, listen to my cry this holiday season. Even when people feel they have you figured out, even when your empire is falling pay attention to what I’m saying. I am a lost and lonely man searching and navigating my way through God’s infinite master plan this Christmas. I’ve read so many books and I’m still climbing the tree of knowledge, but even at the peak level of skill and academic mastering, even when on the edge of my mortal impurities, I’ve come to realize that I’m nothing without God. He, and my Godfather Nathaniel taught me how to love Christmas. It’s a great holiday even for gangsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment