Thursday, September 8, 2022

A simple love story

Old and gray, love still seemed foolish to me…

Who dare would try such a thing?

That’s when I heard the wind blow…rushing to my door to see who it was, I began to have flashbacks of when I used to be in love.

I yearned for the day only to see her never to return.

Peeking through the door, it was just the wind, but I did notice my neighbors outside playing together.

They were young and having fun.

I rather enjoyed watching them. 

They were in love…

Some people spend their entire lives searching for a happy ending and one memory of love…even one thought, can bring a grown man to his knees.

Lonely cold nights reaching for no one can make anyone bitter.

Yet, one glimpse of love can turn anyone into a believer, one glimpse can make a blind man see, an athlete win…

What had come over me?

At that point I took a seat on my couch and continued to watch them through the window.

Something inside me began to bring me back to life again. 

I’d felt this feeling and suppressed it too many times…this one night I let it back in.

That’s what I needed, that’s what I was missing…

It was love, it was the only thing that could keep me alive and without it, I would become a mad man.

Letting the feeling take over me for that one moment…

My heart began to beat…

It was love. 

That’s what we all need.

It’s so powerful that we’d die for it.

Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment