Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Silence

They had just hit a target.

They’d also started drafting soldiers to help win the war.

Once I got word, I took a walk and recalled my old military days.

It seemed so quiet, I saw retirees walking in the park.

I noticed that more animals had come out to play.

I couldn’t help but wonder how things had changed so fast. 

It was so quiet, almost like the war was already over.

I began to pickup knew hobbies and even volunteered at the USO. 

I gave blood to the Red Cross and got to work with peace keepers and humanitarian aid workers.

War somehow brought out the best in me because I had always had a passion to make other people’s lives better.

I even started to go to church again and started becoming active in new ministries. 

After the war was over, it seemed so silent.

It was almost like God’s spirit had come down to quiet the storm. 

People began to waive and tell each other have a nice day.

It almost seemed like I’d gone through a time machine.

Somehow life had more meaning now.

It was silent and silence is Golden.

It’s a simple solution to a headache that just won’t go away.

Silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment