Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Circus

 Oh no, I forgot Donald’s paperwork and he just got bit by a lion again.

Tina got upset because someone in the crowd called her a freak, she’s very sensitive about her portion of the show, she dedicates every performance to her late father who lost his head doing the same act.

Jerry likes music but he’s upset with me because I told him that the curse words had to be taken out of his performance because parents don’t want their children listening to someone bragging about how the devil is their father while explaining why their mother is the “B” word because she slept with him. He’s really into stuff like that but really puts on a good show.

This could be my last show, Cindy’s hair hanging act made national news after the performance went downhill when one of the girls lost her grip on one of the hair rings and they all fell to their death. Cindy was the only one who survived, I often visit her in the psych ward on the weekends. She hasn’t been the same since.

The lawsuits are piling up and no one ever reads the policies but the fans love us and here I am hanging from a rope fifty feet in the air.

I can hear the crowd cheering but for some reason I feel the rope getting tighter.

I just hung myself in front of five thousand fans.

The lights go black, the show is over.

Sadly, my insurance policy collapsed before the show and everyone watched me die, but no one could afford the funeral. Angry investors left my body at the coroner's office to rot. Til this day, on halloween, people put pictures of me dangling from a rope in their front yard to keep the show alive.

From the day I was born to the day of my death, I’ve been devoted to one thing:

The Circus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment