Monday, September 16, 2024

The Merciful Sun

I remember a Latin friend of mine named Monica. She found herself pregnant and bore a son. She was not a perfect girl, but her heart had been broken. Me personally, I’ve never had too much luck with women, it’s not my gift, I tend to tell the truth and it gets me banned from their presence, but I do remember Monica. I watched her give her problems to Christ every Sunday praying for forgiveness. Hurting because of her current situations I could often see the pain looking into her fragile eyes. In my past experiences in church I would often see innocent people at the altar and after a while I think a part of me snapped. I just got a little tired of seeing foster kids and broken people begging for a blessing. Feeling the heat after my last encounter at the altar some years ago, I recall seeing Monica with her little boy at a well known retail store. I kindly gave him a dollar. I don’t know where time went but most of the people I crossed paths with in the past have moved on and the little foster kids I used to see praying for a miracle are all grown up now. Time has somehow made some people bitter, but I’ve tried to stay optimistic. I call this piece the merciful sun because it keeps rising for us and a lot of us take that for granted. The sun shines even when we don’t deserve it. The other day out in the back field I noticed purple flowers and I thought about all of the people at the altar praying for a miracle. In deep meditation while observing the sun’s work, I kindly picked my purple flower of choice and gave one to every woman to show the sun’s mercy.

The Merciful Sun

Even in our pity it still shines for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment