Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Budget Pt. 2

Things have to be accounted for.
Without money, nothing gets paid, and if no one shows up to work, then there could be a problem.
Something wakes me up and tells me to work until I drop dead.
Something tells me not to be like them, those lazy coke snorters.
Those people who sit, smoke, & drink all day doing nothing.
I don’t want to judge or discriminate, but instead of putting a tattoo on my flesh, I would rather make sure folks are given what’s due to them. 
In my perfect world my accountant is paid because my clients pay and are happy.
In my world, there is a sense of order, a sense of pride in handling responsibilities.
I love women, but I’ve come to love my peaceful nights alone reading a book.
I’ve grown to love my space, my quiet time to myself.
In my world, I have to pay the bills by any means necessary.
I get paranoid when the bills are not paid.
I get frustrated when I can’t meet my budget goals.
I get militant, confused, and crazy.
This may sound sick, but when a bill collector calls me I have a phobia of reneging against the contract.
Bill collectors don’t want to hear about God or your feelings, they want what’s due. Simply put, they want their money.
I’m a nice guy, but I’ve learned a valuable lesson in life. I’ve learned about my religion, my family, my race, and my friends. I’ve learned that when it comes to money, it can make a good soul bitter. It can make a blind man steal glasses and a revered kill his entire congregation with toxic juice.
It can make a musical genius say whatever to sell records.
It can make an attractive woman strip to feed her babies.
Debt is like being eaten by a snake and being finished off by ants carrying your crumbs of sweet flesh to the queen.
Debt is like being whipped into submission while the slave master pays the bills with your children’s free labor as you tend the fields to pay room and board.
Debt feels like a burning flame deep inside of your soul. 
It’s a loose trigger with little to no bullets to hit the target.
Being around poor people makes it no easier, they don’t seem to understand, and the word no could cost you your life. 
Some people enjoy seeing people suffer in debt.
It’s almost like some people can smell money so they take pride in stealing your increase.
Life is not fair when you’re in debt because you’re worthless, you’re a slave to the people you owe.
Determined to keep my budget in tack, I know I’ve lost it.
I know I’m stuck in my ways.
I know I have to pay the bills, and that alone gives me common sense enough to finally get the message.
People can think that I’m crazy, they can assume that I’m weird, they can even call me out of my name, but I will do everything to make sure the bills are paid. In my world, my life depends on my budget goals, and in my opinion, there is no such thing as being rich. Everyone has to pay, even free loaders.
I’m counting right now to stay within the budget.
Even if I have to count pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment