Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Henry the Raccoon

 “Hey, Henry, where were you last night? We had a feast at Mrs. Steven’s house, she had fresh burgers in her trash. I saved some for dinner. We were eating good and then the lights went out. It was pitch black. If it weren’t for the car lights, Sasha would be dead. She almost got ran over.” Deana said while Henry took his seat at the table.

“I’m sorry, I cut the power lines. I confess, it was me.” 

This got Deana’s full attention.

“What!” She replied.

“Yeah, I’m tired of living trash can to trash can Deana. The humans have everything that we dream of out here in the woods. I found out where they’re getting all of their power from so I slashed the lines.” Henry explained.

“You could have killed yourself. Have you lost your mind?”

“Yes, and I’m tired. Do you see any light out here in the woods besides the sun and the moon? Those humans have advanced far beyond what we can imagine so one power line at a time should bring them back down to our level,” Henry said while preparing his utensils at the table to eat.

His comments also got Sasha’s attention, “Oh my, so did you start the fire at Ms. Richardson’s house also?” Sasha asked.

Henry couldn’t help but get his raging point across, “I did it all,” he replied.

Deana began serving the burgers that she collected from the garbage last night. 

“So you were pretty busy. What time did you get in last night?” She asked.

“I got in just in time to catch a shower in the sewer. I was having a mental breakdown and it felt good to finally let my frustration out.”

Sasha and Deana couldn’t help but smile as Henry scarfed down his burgers. 

“I had a feeling that you were up to something so I made you a shirt,” Sasha said grabbing some of her best art T-Shirts from the back room.  

When Henry noticed what the shirt said he smiled and hugged his little girl.

“Make raccoons great again,” is what the shirt read.

Enjoying their family moment, Henry began dancing to a new song he made for his Raccoon lives matter club. Filled with a brief spirit of liberation, he and his family celebrated their small revolutionary moment.

Due to the fact that he was an animal, he got off on all charges.

The End.




No comments:

Post a Comment