Thursday, May 4, 2023

100 Raptors

I sat at the table with 100 religious scholars. While engaging in conversation I noticed that many of them were talking about the same things, same needs, and I had to hear the word God mentioned over 1,000 times. One minister even called me and asked if I could help him with some work, he sounded very tired. 

I then heard a voice,

“What do you believe?”

Realizing that it didn’t matter what I believed, annoyed, I returned home to write down my thoughts. 

My late English teacher always used to say, “Kid, optimism is the key characteristic in life. An optimist can overcome anything just by being optimistic.”

I then heard another voice,

“What do you believe?”

Sitting in a room alone, I then spread out my arms only to notice a huge snake in the form of a woman laying on my floor.

It was a woman snake and I had nothing to fight with. Realizing that my key was in the other room, I was trapped. I was alone. All of the people that I’d helped could not save me. All of the religious scholars could not save me from this snake. As it got closer I soon realized that I had to fend for myself. 

For some reason I kept hearing an inner voice,

“What do you believe?”

Feeling the snakes venom splitting my blood cells, I, the main character was no more. The snake killed me and as my soul left my dead body, I then awoke in the very place where I came from, the source of my entire being. 

Refreshed and reused in another body, I found myself in the room with the snake again, but this time I was prepared. I was more ferocious. 

And once again I heard the voice,

“What do you believe?”

Frustrated and fighting to ensure that the snake did not kill me, this time I screamed.

“I believe in second chances!”

Seeing my old body dead, I caught the snake while she was digesting my old flesh and I had just enough time to strike.

While watching the head of the snake fall to the floor, I spread my wings, only to notice that my soul had now become an eagle.

In my lessons, I’d died a thousand slow deaths as a homo sapien only to realize that I had the wingspan of a dominant bird that ruled the sky.

Having flashbacks of another life with 100 religious scholars, I now soared through the sky with no fear of falling. My journey with God never ended, I was now being used for something else. 

Seeing the plane with 100 religious scholars crashing, I flew in with my flock of 100 raptors and the world watched 100 hundred eagles land a plane.

It was labeled a miracle.

I guess my English teacher was right, only an optimist can be optimistic, because in all honesty, only an optimist can believe in second chances.

Only an optimist can write a happy ending.

The End.



No comments:

Post a Comment