Saturday, March 20, 2021

Bounce

 I was content until my mental state collapsed...

It was like a voice that spoke to me when I was alone...

But it was the truth, actually most people are miserable... searching for something to keep their blood flowing...

I was no different from everyone else, I was a woke lonely schizophrenic, wounded from being out to sea for too long.

I thought I could walk on water but slipped and cracked my fragile skull on the ocean ice while a sailor named Peter left me for dead to save the ship.  

The truth is that sailors have no way off the ship in the middle of no where unless a helicopter comes to fly us back to land.

Gunshots flew by my face cracking the ice while I was trying to keep my balance and hang on to the helicopter...

Rescuing me from terrorist the helicopter landed on top of a building...

Unsatisfied while reflecting on the mental state of my people I jumped from the building, it was a skyscraper...

Falling...splat...I hit the ground.

Everyone who waited for this moment, everyone who knew I lost it just stood there and looked at my lifeless body put itself back together and bounce back up.

They all ran like hell, screaming like they’d never seen a man fall 88 stories and put himself back together.

I bounced back up, went home, cleaned my basement and said “screw it,” I opened up my own business in the middle of the ghetto.

My life was a train wreck, why end it myself, I survived an 88 story jump... “I must be here for a reason,” I said to myself talking down the robber who stood up my store.

I kindly told this fool, “What in the hell you ‘gon rob me, Super Jim’s Mart for? Don’t you know I just survived an 88 story jump. Do you need a job?”

He put the gun down and filled out an application. I paid that fool twenty dollars an hour to secure my store.

The truth was that the fall made me better.

It made me feel like if I could survive that, I could survive anything.

I became grateful after surviving that fall...

Humble is a better word...

I bounced back up and lived forever.

In the end, I was the last man standing...

Jungle Jim, standing on an elephant watching the sunrise, the only man on earth to defeat death and live to tell about it.

Every time I hit the ground, I bounced back up.

Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment