Thursday, July 23, 2020

Ride it til the wheels fall off

I got my first big wheel brand new, I remember it like it was yesterday.
I knew my mother could not afford to get me another one so I road that sucker til the wheels fell off. “Literally!”
Up and down the street with so much joy and laughter.
I honestly could feel the wind blowing through my hair.
The feeling seemed like it would last forever.
No one could stop me.
I pedaled until my little feet hurt and the wheels fell off.
When they fell off, I kindly went to my mother and thanked her for the thrill and proceeded to the basement to try to put my big wheel back together.
Til this day I think about the day I failed at fixing my big wheel so in protest I use my legs and run through the park.
Even if my legs give out, I can always use a wheelchair.
At least til I die or the wheels fall off.
What a ride.😊

No comments:

Post a Comment