Monday, May 4, 2020

Let G.O...D

I’m about to get inside my car and I see a black cat hobbling in a parking lot that sells funeral tombstones. Apparently the cat must’ve hurt his leg and had no one to turn to. There was something revealing about this situation. I get in the car and the image of the black cat hurting stays in my head. I can’t let go. Driving and trembling, it’s like I could feel the cat’s pain. He’s just an animal. To clear my mind, I decide to go clean out my car. There used to be a free vacuum cleaner in a nearby town that I’d been going to quite often, I guess the owner took my advice because it now cost a dollar. One of my favorite quotes is: “Nothing is free.” I keep thinking about that black cat. My mom tells me all the time that my grandfather used to tell her that it’s bad luck if a black cat crosses your path, but that’s superstitious, I don’t believe that. On my way to the vacuum, another black cat runs across the street; I just keep driving. I could save on gas if I go to a vacuum that’s closer, I keep thinking, so I turn around and the closest place doesn’t have a vacuum. What’s the odds of that? I just give-in. Why change-up now? I just drive to the one I’m used to driving to. When I arrive, I notice a sign on the building, the sign reads: “God is talking, are we listening?” I pause for a second and reflect on the things I often forget. I take a moment and think of the black cat that I could’ve helped. I take a moment and think about all of the people lost. The hardest part about life sometimes is accepting the things you can’t fix. The black cat will heal because G.O.D. made him that way. G.O.D. gave him a healing system just like every other creature. The smartest person in the world figured that some things we can’t control and some things we can’t get to in time to save. I’m sure that’s when the person wrote G.O.D. in the equation. Some things are just out of our control. On your journey through life when this phenomenon takes place, you’ll have to accept it and let G.O...D.

No comments:

Post a Comment