Thursday, November 28, 2019

Work

I could free a thousand slaves, I still have to work...
I could run 20 miles in 10 seconds, I still have to work...
I could win 800 trillion dollars, or just enough to buy the national debt, I still have to work...
I could lose all my limbs and get half of my brain blown off, when I wake up the next morning, I’ll still have to work...
I could get married and fly away to the mountain top, I still have to work...
I’m left alone in a dark room with half my brain depending on medicine and I barely can breathe but I still have to work in the morning.
Thank God for Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Workman’s Comp, Federal Taxes, SSI, reparations, the lottery, Food Stamps, and overtime. They all remind me that even when I’m dead and gone, I earned my spot in the ground.
Thanking God for work even when I meet him, for that I’m forever grateful. On day eight, he made work and I sang a song and got the job done, ready to do it all over again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment