Thursday, July 11, 2019

All I have left is a dream

It’s 8:08pm and I’m at a crossroad, don’t know which way to turn. I’ve run a mile headed for two. I’ve lost so many people along the way. A voice in my head keeps telling me to call it quits, the world  is too big to discover. One mind cannot overcome obstacles that add more weight by the minute. Grandpa, Uncle Jim and Uncle Johnny and so many family members and friends are gone. Heartache after heartache, standing at the food kitchen with a book all alone. “I shall finish this book, I shall finish this book,” I keep reminding myself for motivation. For the many times that I’ve fallen, I somehow get back up with less than what I had before. I’ll take my little camera and tripod that I bought at a thrift store and make a miracle, all I have left is a dream, for reality has failed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment