Friday, March 9, 2018

American Women


I picked up my mom today from work and for some odd reason she was in a good mood.
As a child she would often drink her problems away but that time has passed.
In my service to the country, I saw pictures of women dressed as nurses aiding men and comforting each other.
Like every man, I often fantasize about being some woman's inspiration but don't worry a smile is enough to keep me going.  
Although I may die a single man because I failed at marriage, I have no hard feelings when I see American women smile.
Often left alone to care for their children.
Often criticized because of what they can and cannot do.
Not all women are bad, I guess, but there is something special about an American woman.
In her eyes are dreams, even when daddy is not around.
In her soul is courage to comfort and care.
Although most of her lessons are learned in the end, she never gives up on what she wants in life. 
In my younger years, my sister's friend threw a block for me while playing tackle football. She laid a boy out so that I could score a touchdown. 
She's able.
In his own repentance, my dad has been humbled by the fact that my mother still cares for him even after so many trials in our life.
He once pulled me to the side in the heat of an argument with an old lady friend and told me the hidden strength that a woman has.
As I pass through this life, in all of my sorrows and lonely nights, I can never say that a smile from an American woman has not made me stronger.
Like every woman, especially American, at the end of the day, all they want to do is be happy in this life.
This piece is only made to inspire.
For some odd reason when I saw my mother smile today, some angel from above softened my heart, I wish these moments could last forever.
I think I'll go watch reruns of Oprah now.
Thanks for reading.
Inspiring words are all I have left to give ladies. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment