Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Female Rapper

It was an odd show. A few metaphors and a few punchlines, nothing major. I had the choice to leave early to catch a flight back home to rest, then I heard her. Her lyrics were insanely delicate. Poetry from another level, another universe. As soon as she began to flow, the crowd got involved. She somehow managed not to use profane language but wowed the audience with an intellectual dialect, with a selection of words that was much more superior than the other rappers. She was not afraid to say that which needed to be addressed. Although her clothing selection was bright, her style was supreme. The magnitude of her performance indoctrinated me and everyone around me. She moved with every verse, she was in-tune with the melody and the crowd clapped on the twos and fours.
As we all engaged in the hook, the beat made me feel alive. I was one with the sounds of her music, which she herself produced. I was drawn into her every word; I was satisfied. She motivated me to approach another level in life, while demanding respect and love. She was certain. At the end of her performance, she went old school and told the crowd, "word is born." The crowd then went crazy and I fell to my knees eager to embrace the female rapper. After the show, on the way home, I spent every dime downloading her songs. I started to believe in music again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment