Monday, November 27, 2017

Broken Parachute

A dare can increase the odds of bad choices.
I can accept the challenge or not.
Feeling the pressure, I decide to jump.
In the midst of falling, I realize that I’ve been given a broken parachute.
Comprehending the odds, I now have few choices at this moment.
In midair, my mind is racing through my few options.
In desperation, a voice tells me to pull the spare.
It works.
I survive another day.
The experience somehow humbles me.
When asked again, I think twice.
The broken parachute has not only made me afraid but it’s made me weigh the odds between life and death.
I’ve become disciplined to appreciate life.
After a heated argument with a close female friend, I decide to jump again.
I pull the first toggle, I have success with the first parachute.
When I land, my female friend forgives me.
You win some, you lose some, but when your odds are high, you have a better chance.
When your odds are slim, you take drastic measures to increase the odds.
With the second parachute, I increased my odds.
I guess on the second jump, my female friend imagined life without me and decided to forgive me.
Through it all, I learned one thing: “Shit happens.”
Pardon my old English, but I’m fortunate to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment