Thursday, March 21, 2019

Left

Once again I’ve been left alone. This must be what it feels like. I’ve given away everything, I have nothing left but my grandfather’s discharge papers. This must be what it feels like... this is what being barried alive must feel like. I have nothing left. I sit and watch the devils of this world take credit for everything that’s good. I watch as the people flock to them while those suffering sit in the dark. In the shadows, like me. Prisoners of war in your own country. Pondering, I notice my left hand shaking. I use my right hand to comfort it. I then comprehend why I was made with two sides. Wait there’s almost two of everything. Everything goes hand-in-hand, but my left hand is weaker than my right hand. There’s two sides to everything. I look in the mirror at my reflection, pondering the fact that all my life my soul has been in the middle of two sides working together, inseparably, indivisible; United...if I lose my right hand, I must learn to use my left, so my left becomes my right, how ironic. Being comforted by my own thoughts and reflection, I thank god. My comprehension has lead me to figure out that those who sit in the shadows will eventually be brought into the light. I have no more regrets. I’m grateful, I see the light, the darkness led me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment