Friday, October 27, 2017

The Con Game

It was a hot day and my friend Teddy and I noticed that our neighbor Fred was up to his old self again, he had his youngest daughter out in the front yard selling lemonade. Fred was always trying to make an extra buck. Everyday he had been selling something. When they came out with the soft drink, Fred countered with sugar water. When they came out with faucet water, Fred countered with bottled water. At first we thought he was crazy until we noticed the amount of people over his house everyday. The guy had an amazing operation going on, it's like he knew how to convince people that they needed everything he had. He even had a farm and a forest in his backyard and put all of the food marts out of business. Just the other day we noticed a space station that he had in the works a mile down the road. The guy had it going on. He took everything that people needed and put a price tag on it. Lord only knows what he had his oldest daughter doing for a buck.
"Hey Fred, do people really need all of that stuff you sell?" I asked.
Fred replied, "No, but I'm only selling it because nobody gave me a dime when I was broke. I'm conning them like they conned me. Now that will be twelve dollars for our conversation."
After paying him for our conversation, Teddy decided to open up a bank and I decided to open up a law office. I painted my house white and gave myself a fancy name, I called myself "the President." I made my buck by taxing people and Teddy made his by giving them loans to buy from Fred.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment