Monday, May 8, 2017

The Peaceful Investment

It's midday and I hear children outside playing. I then turn on the radio to hear the latest gossip about liberals and conservatives. It seems that another religious and cultural war has broken out. I sit down in my chair to comprehend the woes of mankind. The pros and the cons of war slowly eat at my thoughts. I contemplate on the matter of family and children that do not know what they will have to face when they grow older. They too will have to fight for something. I get up from my chair to lay on the couch, realizing that I've been in the shadows for too long. I have to do something to teach the next generation that there's a better way to live. I hear a voice in my head while watching and listening to the children play. I open the door and direct them to gather around on the sidewalk. I show them a picture of a bird soaring through the sky and then I showed them how to be peacemakers. I invest my time in their future; hoping, that if not all, then maybe one of them will listen. At the end of the day, I watch them run-off to their homes. I did something right today. I feel good about my little peaceful investment. As I prepare for bed, I see an old picture of me hanging on the wall in uniform fighting for freedom. I hope the kids from my neighborhood learn from what I taught them today. I hope they grow up with a better mindset than we had back then. I hope they grow up fighting for peace. I then lay down to rest, and while I laid there, I fell asleep looking at the stars in the sky. It's a peaceful night to rest and I've made a small peaceful investment in the future of human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment