- Spend two hours reading your lines over and over again. Repetition is one of the best ways to drill things into your brain. That is why you always carry your words on you, just in case you end up stuck somewhere and you have some time to kill.
- Go to rehearsal and don't miss. Not to many people know the power of practice and one to two hours of reading four or five days a week can make a big difference.
- Make a song with your lines. It sounds weird, but little tricks that can embed a line in your brain works miracles.
- You can also cheat by placing your lines somewhere where the audience or camera cannot see them.
- Have a friend or family member practice with you without your lines and when you cannot think of the line ask them to give it to you. Two hours of this four days a week can make it happen.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Five tips on how to memorize your lines.
Everyone would love to be in the spotlight and get their big break doing something major, but first you have to deliver and put the work in. The work requires memory and in entertainment that is about 75% of the job unless you have a plan to cheat. Here are five tips on how to memorize and get through lines: