Wednesday, April 19, 2023

The Taxman

 Ambition and American dreams revealed something more about reality. Here’s the story about the taxman. He creeps in unnoticed and takes what’s owed to him. Beware of the taxman.

First it was the letter.

“We’re sorry to inform you that if you do not pay $30,000, the taxman will be confiscating all assets and your business will be forced to dissolve.”

Judy read the letter in deep conviction. She’d devoted her entire life to her business. Realizing that she couldn’t pay, she played back over and over in her mind all of the crazy customers and insults she’d received over the years. She replayed all of the jealous looks from family and lost friends. She recalled all of the failed business transactions. The brutal competition. The truth is that she just didn’t have the money to pay the taxman so she wrote a note to her customers and placed it on the building and it read:

“Dear customers and family, because of you I am in debt to the taxman. I gave you discount after discount. I gave you all my own life and faced persecution every day. Honestly, I blame myself for being so kind and now I have to pay. For years I watched you all take, take, take while I dug myself deeper in debt. While I suffered alone in my building counting pennies, I watched you all sit on your ass, get married and live off of the fat of the land. I’ve finally decided to do something for myself and will no longer be open. The taxman will be your new owner. I gave my all to serve you, but the taxman has showed me that I did it all for nothing. Here is his number, pay him, I never owned anything, it all belongs to the taxman. Thank you for your business.”

She then took a tent off of the shelf of the store and joined the homeless camp under the bridge.

The End.

The Taxman.

No comments:

Post a Comment