Wednesday, April 5, 2023

The Purple Comic Book

I’d noticed my hometown in ruins.

To be honest, as a youth, attending Sunday school, I’d read something like this in the books of the prophets. Sloth, drugs, and all of the consistent filth that comes with a decaying species, but this type of crime fighting was nothing like the comic books. It took grit and guts, every last breath. I was literally trying to revive souls. Save them from the rotting and dirt that emerges from the night.

I knew I’d lost it when I turned on the news and heard about 20 drug houses being raided. In three weeks they were back on the streets dealing drugs again and the crime force had become too weak with many cops not willing to go the extra mile to protect a corrupt town.

A conversation I’d had with my late mom ran through my mind.

“David, what are you going to do about it?” She would say.

Taking everyone’s business into my man cave, I then donned my purple cape and began fighting crime.

My only power was complete rage.

Everything that I loved had been destroyed by drugs and crime.

Every challenge fueled me to awaken a town that was asleep.

Every night I’d watched righteous men falling to their knees giving in to the tainted underworld of street pushers.

My drive to empower and defend the crumbling city kept me busy.

Roving the town and fighting crime gave me a fierce presence. I became known as the Raging Ruler known for his purple cape. 

My last fight was a death match between me and a brutal kingpin. It was a raw knuckle death match and I won by choking the evil tyrant to death with the tail-end of my purple cape. Tightly holding his neck with no mercy until his body trembled to move no more, I looked him in his eyes while feeling his soul burning in hell. At his demise, I resurrected the city. A new day was born after his death. There was peace.

In victory, I handed the city back over to the people and, I, the Raging Ruler, known for his purple cape, went back underground while keeping a watchful eye on the next tyrant to emerge.


No comments:

Post a Comment