Tuesday, April 4, 2023

A Good Story

Today I attended a service in the passing of a dear friend.

When I got home I donned my purple shirt and signature headband then went for a run.

Something had come over me.

When I got back from my run, I felt something in my spirit, so I turned on some gospel music in remembrance of my dear friend who was a devoted believer in Christ’s teachings.

There are still so many people holding on to the good story of Christ.

This thought kept repeating in my mind.

The hopeless find strength, the victim finds comfort, and the corrupt at heart find mercy.

Through all of the ups and downs even I shed a tear today.

I admit, I shed a tear for my friend and for the good story of Christ.

The God man who professed to be God himself to save us all from our sins.

Even I can’t let go of the amazing savior slash king of kings who rose on the third day defeating death.

Throughout the ages so many people have found faith and strength in the good story of Christ.

Losers have turned into winners, and enemies have turned into friends.

I confess, I received comfort today knowing that my friend is now a part of an even better story.

He spent his life as a believer.

I thank God for his humble presence today, I haven’t shed a tear in a while, but I did feel Christ with me today.

He’s not only the main character of a good story, but he’s a good friend.

Even if the story is made up, the reality is that a lot of good has come from it.

That makes me a believer that God is so merciful that he would come down and walk with his creation.

I found a good friend today.

He gave me the strength of 100 men today because at age 40 I completed my 4-5 mile run in 35 minutes.

Another new Good Story from an old Good Story of the resurrected Christ.

I’m going to feel the pain in the morning, but I ran like I was running from hell today.

No comments:

Post a Comment