Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Memorial

In a different state of thinking, I asked God a question.

Afraid to use the word why. It was obvious that he already knew my thoughts.

Looking in the mirror I felt something come over me.

King after King, nation after nation, til this day prays for his power, and his spirit. My fulfillment and obligation seemed so complex, I was just a piece of dust in his infinite universe. Who was I? I needed to be remembered. I wanted to be.

“Do I matter God?” 

He didn’t respond.

“My army is hungry, how will we eat?

Can you feed us?”

He didn’t respond.

I started a war and destroyed entire nations to prove his strength.

He didn’t respond.

I wanted him to come to me, I was determined. I wanted him to remember me. His unique, one of a kind child.

I did everything for God and in the end he finally gave me a message. 

I got his attention:

“Me and my brother are evenly matched, we both rather enjoyed your company. We also enjoyed watching your fellow men laugh and belittle you behind your back trying to carve your place in history. My child, you came to the right place for attention. My brother has big guns, and his army is wild, but he doesn’t want you for his kingdom, you’re mine. You came to me. Memories on earth fade in time my child. People come and go. Soldiers, doctors, historians, lawyers, and even common men, but I am all of them. I see all that you have done just to please me, even when I was silent, and all you want is to be remembered,” his holiness said.

Feeling his power, a blazing fire came down from the heavens and he took me up from my army and turned me into a giant war monument. He put my face on a lion.

At first sight soldiers began to run for cover. Nothing like this had ever been seen before on the battlefield. Nations began to kneel, the war ended and peace was felt throughout the world. The word of God spread all because of me. Til this day my face sits on a statue by the great pyramids. He gave me what I asked for. On earth, throughout every generation. I’m remembered, but not to many people know who I am. I’m just there. 

The Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment