Sunday, February 18, 2024

Exodus

Standing at the border they came in droves. Whatever they were running from had gotten out of hand. Just by the looks in their eyes, it appeared as though they were searching for an illusion that promised them everything, a policy that empowered them. Who was I only to notice women offering me their innocents and families offering to sell themselves at any price. So there I stood, in my uniform, battered and bruised for the will of the people. I’d come to the conclusion that the world is a sphere of illusions and sadly I had to uphold a law just to keep my own family fed and my people protected. Who ever was their Moses, he’d given his people an awesome dream. Exhausted, I’d become numb to a sad reality and just like the Pharaohs in Egypt I became the victim of an Exodus into my very own imaginary representative republic. They’d reached the promised land flowing with milk and honey, sadly, I was just their stepping stone. In a ball of frustration, I’d come to a sad conclusion that it was impossible for me to fix the way people thought and if I didn’t know their language, why even try? It was clear that their mind was made up and my home was their promised land.

Exodus

No comments:

Post a Comment