Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Determined to Write

When my first girlfriend dumped me, I wrote about it.

When I got in my first fight with the class bully, I wrote about it.

When I failed my first class, I wrote about it.

I was so determined to write that I followed an English teacher to her house to teach me. I’m sure her daughter took me as crazy, I wrote about that too.

When I got divorced, I wrote about it.

When I got cut from the team, I wrote about it.

When my family and I won our first sports title, I wrote about it.

I was so determined to write that I paid a church English teacher to edit my chicken scratch. I’m sure she took me as a joke so I wrote about that too.

Every thought, every dream, every rhyme and reason gave me the passion to jot it all down.

At the end of the day all I’ve ever wanted to do was write so I wrote about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment